Solved: What is Burning Icon on Thread Posts?

• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date
In summary, the burning icon on thread posts is a symbol of a popular or "hot" topic that has received a high number of views and comments. It is determined by an algorithm that considers the level of engagement on a particular post. The burning icon is not manually added or removed by users. Its presence does not necessarily indicate the quality of the content. The burning icon is not a permanent feature and may appear or disappear depending on the level of activity on the post.
mbrmbrg
So what is that little grenade looking think on the icon that means "you have posted in this thread"? A grenade? A combination lock? A little lamp of wisdom?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's a black cauldron filled with flaming oil.

Ok, maybe I could be wrong. :redface:

You mean even the mentors don't know? How will I ever be able to sleep again?

I think it's a little person (chest, shoulders, head).
http://www.mcschell.com/icon.jpg

-GeoMike-

Last edited by a moderator:
whooooa... neat-o. I'll vote for that one, though grenade is a good deal cooler.

Related to Solved: What is Burning Icon on Thread Posts?

1. What does the burning icon on thread posts represent?

The burning icon on thread posts typically represents a popular or "hot" topic that has received a high number of views and comments.

2. How is the burning icon determined?

The burning icon is determined by an algorithm that takes into account the number of views, comments, and engagement on a particular thread post.

3. Can the burning icon be manually added or removed?

No, the burning icon is automatically generated by the system and cannot be manually added or removed by users.

4. Does the presence of the burning icon mean the thread post is of high quality?

Not necessarily. The burning icon simply indicates that the thread post has received a high level of activity, but it does not guarantee the quality of the content.

5. Is the burning icon a permanent feature on thread posts?

No, the burning icon may appear and disappear on thread posts depending on the level of activity on that post. It is not a permanent feature.